Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about your town/city/whatever.....

5 posters

Go down

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Empty Tell me about your town/city/whatever.....

Post  QueLinda Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:21 am

Let's say I'm coming to stay with you for a week (stop groaning, this is all pretend)...What are we going to do? Where are you going to take me?

Let's take each other on a little virtual tour!

QueLinda

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Empty Re: Tell me about your town/city/whatever.....

Post  Lumiere Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:35 am

I live in Princeton New Jersey so.... we can go on a tour of the university which is a beautiful campus...small but great architecture...old buildings....cute lil town. It is also smack in the middle of NYC and Philadelphia....so only a train ride away from visiting the big apple or the city of brotherly love. I'm also one hour away from the Jersey shore, an hour and a half away from Atlantic City which is the vegas of the east coast. I love that I can pick up and just go to the beach on a hot weekend. There are sooo many malls around where I live...Plenty of gymbos to dig through....I think theres more than 10 gymbos in a hr radius. We have great shopping...coach stores, pottery barn stores, william sonoma,....and great restaurants as well. My favorite is Morimotos in Philadelphia....which is an iron chef's restaurant. Theres always things to do...places to go.... Very Happy

Lumiere

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Empty Re: Tell me about your town/city/whatever.....

Post  QueLinda Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:40 am

Lumiere wrote:I live in Princeton New Jersey so.... we can go on a tour of the university which is a beautiful campus...small but great architecture...old buildings....cute lil town. It is also smack in the middle of NYC and Philadelphia....so only a train ride away from visiting the big apple or the city of brotherly love. I'm also one hour away from the Jersey shore, an hour and a half away from Atlantic City which is the vegas of the east coast. I love that I can pick up and just go to the beach on a hot weekend. There are sooo many malls around where I live...Plenty of gymbos to dig through....I think theres more than 10 gymbos in a hr radius. We have great shopping...coach stores, pottery barn stores, william sonoma,....and great restaurants as well. My favorite is Morimotos in Philadelphia....which is an iron chef's restaurant. Theres always things to do...places to go.... Very Happy

Sounds like a great location. I loved Atlantic City when I went with my family way back when I was in high school. That was my first trip to a real beach! I am landlocked in the middle of the country here. That is awesome that you've been to Morimoto's restaurant!

QueLinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumiere Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:48 am

QueLinda wrote:
Sounds like a great location. I loved Atlantic City when I went with my family way back when I was in high school. That was my first trip to a real beach! I am landlocked in the middle of the country here. That is awesome that you've been to Morimoto's restaurant!

Great locations comes with a high price tag though....We're the highest taxed state in the US...and our property taxes are through the roof....you do not want to know LOL.... Morimoto's was so amazing....best meal in my life.

Lumiere

Back to top Go down

Post  QueLinda Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 am

Here's your virtual tour of Oklahoma City. Young people here complain that there is nothing to do, but they just haven't looked to see all there is...

* We have a great art museum. It's not huge, but it's not tiny either. The Chihuly exhibit there is awesome. Right now there is an exhibit of Roman art that is on loan from the Louvre. They also have free children's activities every weekend, so we spend a decent amount of time there.

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Chihuly1-1

* A related area that I love is the Paseo art district. Lots of galleries, small shops, live entertainment venues, and yummy restaurants in one small strip.

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Pho_partspace1

* The "famous" stockyards. Meat-eaters love this place. You can find anything related to cowboy culture here, buy western apparel, have a big ol' steak, and watch performers at the Oklahoma Opry.

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Gatescopy-1

* Also, not too far away is the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. It's not all about cowboys either. There is a wonderful exhibit on the history of many of the Native American tribes.

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Cowboy%20hall%20of%20fame

* Other museums worth mentioning: Jasmine Moran Children's Museum, Oklahoma Science Museum, Sam Noble Museum of Natural History, 45th Infantry Museum

* It's obligatory that I mention the OKC Bombing Memorial. The monument is very nice. I've never been inside the museum. There is also an awesome little Catholic shop across the street that sells the most beautiful, otherworldly things I've ever seen.

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... Gate

* The center of nightlife is Bricktown. This old industrial district has recently been renovated. It is filled with old warehouses that have been transformed into restaurants and nightclubs. There is also a canal that was built in imitation of the Riverwalk in San Antonio. There are cooler clubs away from this area, but I don't get out to them so I know nothing about all that, lol.

* There are several area lakes where you can get your water-sporting on. Lake Hefner has a lot going on, although the water is kind of gross.

Tell me about your town/city/whatever..... BellaLake2

* It is a fairly short drive to the Arbuckle and Wichita Mountains. The Arbuckles have a drive-through park for feeding exotic animals. The Wichita Mountains are in more of a natural state and are one of my favorite places to run off to.
Darn, the pic won't show up.

This ends our tour for now, folks. Watch your step getting off the bus, and have a safe trip home. geekTell me about your town/city/whatever..... Spaceball

QueLinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tory Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:12 pm

If you came to stay with me or visit we could take our kids to the Washington National Zoo or even better the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore as they have a great kid's section Smile that my girls just love Smile

If you want to venture in to crazy Washington, D.C. we could do that too and even take the crowed metro Smile lol I do try and avoid DC as I lived there growing up and worked there for so many years that is really bores me to tears but am sure that others will find it interesting Smile lol
Tory
Tory

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:57 pm

I live in Southern Orange County California and if you came to see me I would take you to the beach, to the mountains and to Disneyland!!!!
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tory Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:27 am

can you believe i have NEVER been to CA??? most people can't believe it!!!! i wold love to go to the beach but not in a bathing suit in CA LOL as there are too many "babes" there and I am not one of them ): Disneyland sounds good too!!!!

Susan wrote:I live in Southern Orange County California and if you came to see me I would take you to the beach, to the mountains and to Disneyland!!!!
Tory
Tory

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumiere Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:46 am

Susan wrote:I live in Southern Orange County California and if you came to see me I would take you to the beach, to the mountains and to Disneyland!!!!

I used to live in LA....about an hour from disney land...

Lumiere

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilar Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:16 am

Well, I'm in the suburbs of Dallas. I would take you shopping to Trade Days in Canton. It's a HUGE market where you can find anything brand new, antique and/or junk. It would take days to cover the whole thing.
Downtown Dallas is okay but nms. I'm not from here so I don't know any of the hot spots. We have lots of Museums and Art Galleries but I would not take you ladies there! We'd go get some yummy Tex-Mex and then shop til we dropped! The DFW Zoo is pretty great and the Dallas World Aquarium is good too. The Science Place has great traveling exhibitions. Last time we went we saw "Body Works"---awesome!
I would much rather show off Puerto Rico and take you to the beautiful places on the island. Away from San Juan.

Pilar

Back to top Go down

Post  QueLinda Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:44 am

I've never been to CA either! I've been to many states east of here, but never west.

I love Dallas, especially for its museums. I could spend all day in the Museum of Modern Art. I've been to a couple of awesome malls down there, but not since I had Bella. Actually I was pregnant with her the last time I was shopping down there, but I didn't know that yet at the time.

QueLinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum