Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am back and have a new blog

3 posters

Go down

I am back and have a new blog Empty I am back and have a new blog

Post  tammylk Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:57 am

blog link I will have to post some pics again. For now if you want to see some recent stuff it is on my blog I started a few weeks ago.

I have added the sb600 to my collection so I am now learning how to use it. I still love natural light though.

tammylk

Back to top Go down

I am back and have a new blog Empty Re: I am back and have a new blog

Post  Susan Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:14 am

oh fun!!! off to look!!!
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:16 am

I love your tree!!!!!! So gorgeous! Are your pictures straight out of the camera or do you do some tweaking?
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  tammylk Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:38 pm

No I always use photoshop on all my pics.

tammylk

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:52 pm

tammylk wrote:No I always use photoshop on all my pics.

I think I have a too lofty goal - to get awesome pictures straight out of the camera with no need for Photoshop - but I think I need a lot of practice! LOLOLO

what do you do? I usually use Levels and saturation and a teeny bit of unsharp mask if it needs it.
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  chloefin Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:06 am

I'm with you Susan. I cannot figure out how to fix my pictures in photoshop without making them look circus-y so what I print/post is always without editing. I am sure more of my pictures would be winners if I could just figure out a few key photoshop steps. Oh well, lofty goals are good goals.

Marianne

chloefin

Back to top Go down

Post  rohape Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:19 am

If any of you have DSLR why don't you shoot in RAW format? This allows an immense amount of control and is a lot easier to control tonal values, colors, sharpness without all the steps of Photoshop.

If your concerned about how your image looks (circus-y or otherwise) just ensure you save your edited work as sRGB. This is a universal "language" that is read by printers (except professional, most professional printers use Adobe RGB) and monitors. The only issue you would have to be concerned with at that point is if the viewing persons monitor is out of whack.
My wifes monitor is all crazy, I hate looking at pictures on her monitor. I've tried fixing it and it's just the monitor over saturates everything.
And know when to say enough on the editing.
rohape
rohape
Amateur

http://www.phofix.smugmug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:46 am

I have used RAW in the past, but I don't have access to the high powered computer that can run CS 3, Aperture and Adobe Lightroom that manipulates the RAW file. It's too much for my 10 year old 400 mz processor.

I do love shooting in RAW and the corrections you can make in it is amazing. Here's a before/after shot when I used Aperture to save a shot I loved:
I am back and have a new blog RAW

rohape wrote:If any of you have DSLR why don't you shoot in RAW format? This allows an immense amount of control and is a lot easier to control tonal values, colors, sharpness without all the steps of Photoshop.

If your concerned about how your image looks (circus-y or otherwise) just ensure you save your edited work as sRGB. This is a universal "language" that is read by printers (except professional, most professional printers use Adobe RGB) and monitors. The only issue you would have to be concerned with at that point is if the viewing persons monitor is out of whack.
My wifes monitor is all crazy, I hate looking at pictures on her monitor. I've tried fixing it and it's just the monitor over saturates everything.
And know when to say enough on the editing.
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down