Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting a new lens

5 posters

Go down

Getting a new lens Empty Getting a new lens

Post  mnchic Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Ok Ladies I'm about to order the 55 mm 1.8 lens. I just have the 18-55 kit lens.

Do you think I should go ahead and order that lens or wait until I'm more familar with my camera? Will I notice a big difference in my shots?

And where do you usually order from? Online or do typically buy in-store?

Jessica
Mom to Maddie 4 & Michael 5

mnchic

Back to top Go down

Getting a new lens Empty Re: Getting a new lens

Post  Susan Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:00 pm

This is the best place to buy online - it's the photographers go to place in my experience. Their selection is awesome and their prices are great!!

bh Photo and Video

I have heard two schools of thought: buy what you want to use and practice on it. The other side is learn your camera and what it can do first and THEN upgrade to a different lens.

I decided that I knew enough about f-stops and aperture and things that I wanted to learn with the new lens, so I went ahead and bought the 50mm portrait lens and have practiced with it. I did not buy the zoom yet tho!
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  tammylk Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 am

I bought my dslr in Nov and got the book understaning exposure. I played around with the lens the camera came with and bought the 50mm 1.8 in April. I find it so much easier with this new lens. I get much better and sharper pics with it.

tammylk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:57 am

mnchic wrote:Ok Ladies I'm about to order the 55 mm 1.8 lens. I just have the 18-55 kit lens.

Do you think I should go ahead and order that lens or wait until I'm more familar with my camera? Will I notice a big difference in my shots?

And where do you usually order from? Online or do typically buy in-store?

Jessica
Mom to Maddie 4 & Michael 5

I LOVE my 50mm lens!! If I had to choose only 1 lens I would pic that one!!! there is a huge difference especially indoors! it lets way more light in!
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  BonnieG Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:27 pm

I just got my camera about 1 1/2 months ago and the only extra lens that I purchased was the 50mm. It really hasn't come off my camera since then. I love it and I agree about noticing a huge difference with indoor shots!

I do need to get a zoom before our WDW trip in Aug, but I think I'm going to wait until right before the trip and get some more pratice!

BonnieG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down