Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Program Do You Use?

+8
Heather
Nicole
mawson
MerandaBlu
Admin
aurora05
Mrs Appletree
Susan
12 posters

Go down

What Program Do You Use? Empty What Program Do You Use?

Post  Susan Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:41 am

Are you a Photoshop Gal? An Aperture or LightRoom Junkie? What program do you use for photo manipulation and why do you love it or think it's the best?
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

What Program Do You Use? Empty Re: What Program Do You Use?

Post  Mrs Appletree Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 pm

Susan wrote:Are you a Photoshop Gal? An Aperture or LightRoom Junkie? What program do you use for photo manipulation and why do you love it or think it's the best?

I am currently using Photoshop CS3 and I like it, but I am just learning it... i LOVED my Paint Shop Pro it was so much easier and I could navigate through and figure things out on my own way better.

But I can say I LOVE photoshop's B&W manipulations!!! it is SO nice to be able to play down certain unwanted colors or play up the details that you want to pop!
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  aurora05 Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm using PhotoImpact X3, but only becaue PI was the first program I had ever used and it was easier to keep doing the updates on it rather than learn to use a new program. I'm sure once I get my new camera I'll br branching out and testing some new programs to see what I really like.

aurora05

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:34 pm

Mrs Appletree wrote:
Susan wrote:Are you a Photoshop Gal? An Aperture or LightRoom Junkie? What program do you use for photo manipulation and why do you love it or think it's the best?

I am currently using Photoshop CS3 and I like it, but I am just learning it... i LOVED my Paint Shop Pro it was so much easier and I could navigate through and figure things out on my own way better.

But I can say I LOVE photoshop's B&W manipulations!!! it is SO nice to be able to play down certain unwanted colors or play up the details that you want to pop!

I love Photoshop - i am still using PS7 tho! LMAO!! I'm not ready to give up some of the features that they got rid of in the CS suite and I also don't have the computing power to use CS3 right now. I need a new Mac!!!

Admin
Admin

https://capturedmoments.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:35 pm

aurora05 wrote:I'm using PhotoImpact X3, but only becaue PI was the first program I had ever used and it was easier to keep doing the updates on it rather than learn to use a new program. I'm sure once I get my new camera I'll br branching out and testing some new programs to see what I really like.

I know a lot of people use PI and love it!

Admin
Admin

https://capturedmoments.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aurora05 Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:22 am

Pardon me as I get used to a different posting format here, I'm not sure who I'm replying to ir if it's just a general to all post. LMBO! I'll goof around later when the kids are in bed to get to know the forum style. I think I've been in Delphi Land far too long. LMBO!
Any how... so for some one just starting out with photo editing Photoshop CS3 would be a good program to start off with then or am I better off looking for PSP? I've got a handy dh that can find me just about anything I ask for.

aurora05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:31 am

aurora05 wrote:Pardon me as I get used to a different posting format here, I'm not sure who I'm replying to ir if it's just a general to all post. LMBO! I'll goof around later when the kids are in bed to get to know the forum style. I think I've been in Delphi Land far too long. LMBO!
Any how... so for some one just starting out with photo editing Photoshop CS3 would be a good program to start off with then or am I better off looking for PSP? I've got a handy dh that can find me just about anything I ask for.
If you are not familiar with either I say go for Photoshop. they are both equally confusing at first, I personally have just gotten used to PSPXI (I've had PSP7, 8, 9, X and the last one I had was XI but my computer aparently didn't like it because the program is being screwy with my system and it is basically unusable. So I have been learning more and more photoshop flower
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  MerandaBlu Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:35 am

I don't use any program right now, and not sure that I ever will. I like pictures in there most natural setting ;o) I am sure I will be converted sometime soon though sunny
MerandaBlu
MerandaBlu

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:55 am

MerandaBlu wrote:I don't use any program right now, and not sure that I ever will. I like pictures in there most natural setting ;o) I am sure I will be converted sometime soon though sunny

What do you size your photos in? You have to at least do that! LOL~~

I use Photoshop to scrap with and design images so I find it a necessity!! I;ve also found some quirks with my camera that when I shoot in fully automatic - the whites aren't crisp, so I run an action to color correct them. I haven't figured out how to fix it in camera.
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:57 am

aurora05 wrote:Pardon me as I get used to a different posting format here, I'm not sure who I'm replying to ir if it's just a general to all post. LMBO! I'll goof around later when the kids are in bed to get to know the forum style. I think I've been in Delphi Land far too long. LMBO!

If you aren't going to do much more than a little photo touch up and maybe even digital scrapbook - Photoshop Elements is ALOT cheaper, but more automated. You can do much more with Photoshop, but most users on the basic level don't need all the features in PS.
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  mawson Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 am

I'm an Adobe gal though I don't know how to use it! I've CS2 and could easily get CS3 but then I'd have to buy a new Scott Kelby's tutorial and I too cheap to buy the new book when I've barely read or used his CS2 book. (yes, my dh thinks I am crazy too, and is annoyed I don't have CS3 on my laptop) I also have Elements, iphoto and Lightroom. I actually do enjoy Lightroom. I still know nothing but sometimes I like the end results.
If someone is asking which program to invest time in learning, I'd day go with either Elements or CS3. Ideally CS3 as photoshop IS the industry standard and what a great skill to learn! (coming from me with absolutley NO skill in PS!)
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicole Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:50 am

count me in as another Photoshopper! Adobe for me, baybee.

Nicole

http://www.nicoleneuhoff.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:15 am

I have photoshop 7 & CS2 and lightroom.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  tara30us Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 am

I have microsoft picture it! and like it, it is pretty easy to use, and can do enough for what I need.

tara30us

Back to top Go down

Post  tammylk Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:52 pm

I use CS2 and would like to get lightroom someday.

tammylk

Back to top Go down

Post  mamaes_mommie Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:15 am

tara30us wrote:I have microsoft picture it! and like it, it is pretty easy to use, and can do enough for what I need.

WOW! That's all you use!?! I love your pictures (seen them on GymboFriends) I figured you did a lot to them. you must have and AWESOME camera.
mamaes_mommie
mamaes_mommie

http://www.myspace.com/krichmaemaesmommie

Back to top Go down

Post  mamaes_mommie Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 am

Photoshop for me. I am self taught and think I do pretty good. I also use some preloaded programs I hae on my computer for quick touch ups.
mamaes_mommie
mamaes_mommie

http://www.myspace.com/krichmaemaesmommie

Back to top Go down

Post  JaneK Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Currently I use PS7, but I have the upgrade to CS3 on the way! Once I downloaded the CS3 trial and discovered the Camera Raw Editor - there was no going back (I shoot in RAW most of the time).

JaneK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down