Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to get best deal on PS?

3 posters

Go down

Where to get best deal on PS? Empty Where to get best deal on PS?

Post  smalltownmommy Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:39 am

I have the basic photo editing software that came on our computer and laptop. I also have the software that came with my camera. While they get the job done, I'd like to be able to be more creative with my edits. All of the photo shop options out there confuse me. I have no real idea what I need and where to get the best deal on it. Any suggestions?

smalltownmommy

Back to top Go down

Where to get best deal on PS? Empty Re: Where to get best deal on PS?

Post  mawson Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:10 pm

do you need Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe photoshop CS3 (or earlier version) You can get Elements for a good deal at lots of places, even costco. It generally is under 100 I believe.
CS3 is a very large, powerful version with a fairly steep learning curve. I have CS2 and have hardly a clue on using it. I have Elements too and still hardly a clue. (Obviously I don't do much post processing)
I've heard you can get CS3 at a discount if you have a student in your home. A student version, which is (from what I know) identical to a regular version. I think it may cost 200 or 350 or so. Sometimes also Adobe sends out email offers for upgrading from Elements to CS3 for 299. (just got one!)
For me, all our photoshop versions are bought at a steep discount. My dh works in the industry.
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  JaneK Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Best deal is definitely a student discount! You might want to try checking the different pricing combinations before purchasing as well. Let's say you want CS3. I would check to see how much the full version of CS3 is versus buying Elements and then upgrading. In fact sometimes you can find Elements bundled with a piece of hardware or something else that you have purchased. Good luck!

JaneK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down