Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size images you use?

2 posters

Go down

What size images you use? Empty What size images you use?

Post  ilo Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:06 am

So when you resize, what size you make them to be for your use or for web? Sorry, I'm asking so much Smile

ilo

Back to top Go down

What size images you use? Empty Re: What size images you use?

Post  JaneK Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:38 am

For the web, I either size them to 4x6 or 640x480 (I think). I'm not sure by what you mean for my use. I don't crop or resize at all until I know what the final product size will be.

JaneK

Back to top Go down

Post  ilo Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:44 pm

JaneK wrote:For the web, I either size them to 4x6 or 640x480 (I think). I'm not sure by what you mean for my use. I don't crop or resize at all until I know what the final product size will be.

Thanks, I'll then so 4x6 for web too, do you keep the quality the same than original for web? I noticed when reading how people handle heir photos that some sharpen a lot and then resize smaller and sharpen again to resize. Maybe I should do like you that save them as raw.

ilo

Back to top Go down

Post  JaneK Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:29 pm

I think you almost always have to sharpen for the web. I don't know why but it seems like the pics are a little soft if they aren't sharpened first.

I don't change the quality. I save them as the maximum jpg you can. I don't know how much it matters - it's just one of those things that I do.

I will say that sometimes I do my resize in Photobucket, especially if I'm not uploading very many pics.

JaneK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down