Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Performance photos etc.

3 posters

Go down

Performance photos etc. Empty Performance photos etc.

Post  QueLinda Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:32 am

I hate that every time Bella has a school program, dance recital, etc. I take the worst pictures. For one thing, I am too shy to get up out of my seat to go get a closer picture. I prefer to keep my obsession hidden, hehe. I wonder if getting a longer lens would give me a better pic in that situation, or would I just get a closer-up but equally blurry pic of her?

QueLinda

Back to top Go down

Performance photos etc. Empty Re: Performance photos etc.

Post  Susan Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:38 am

Yes, in that case I think you need a telephoto lens, and you might want to invest in image stabilization lens if you have a problem with blur.
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  rohape Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:08 am

Susan wrote:Yes, in that case I think you need a telephoto lens, and you might want to invest in image stabilization lens if you have a problem with blur.

IS and/or monopod. Get that monopod and come out of the closet RIGHT! Very Happy

In regards to the blurry shots. Try raising your ISO, lower your f/stop as low as possible (wide open), use a faster shutter speed (60 would probably be sufficient). Being that it's dance, you would want SOME of the pics to be a little blurred to show some action.
rohape
rohape
Amateur

http://www.phofix.smugmug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:23 am

I"m horrible with a monopod - it's like I'm a drunken sailor on a boat! LOLOL. I find if I shoot under 1/60 I am always getting a blurry shot!

rohape wrote:
Susan wrote:Yes, in that case I think you need a telephoto lens, and you might want to invest in image stabilization lens if you have a problem with blur.

IS and/or monopod. Get that monopod and come out of the closet RIGHT! Very Happy

In regards to the blurry shots. Try raising your ISO, lower your f/stop as low as possible (wide open), use a faster shutter speed (60 would probably be sufficient). Being that it's dance, you would want SOME of the pics to be a little blurred to show some action.
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum