Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I join in?

4 posters

Go down

Can I join in? Empty Can I join in?

Post  chloefin Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:11 am

I got a 40D right before Christmas and am in the process of learning all that it can do? Can I join in here to ask questions and get critiques of my photos? I have only had Canons and this is my first SLR.

Marianne

chloefin

Back to top Go down

Can I join in? Empty Re: Can I join in?

Post  Susan Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:10 am

We're a small group but you're always welcome!!!! Smile
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  rohape Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Oh lucky you! I wanted a 40D, but got the 10D. I'm still extremely happy with it though.
I try posting stuff as I learn too. Post away, lets get this party started!! Very Happy
rohape
rohape
Amateur

http://www.phofix.smugmug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:46 pm

rohape wrote:Oh lucky you! I wanted a 40D, but got the 10D. I'm still extremely happy with it though.
I try posting stuff as I learn too. Post away, lets get this party started!! Very Happy

I"m gonna have to bone up on my Canon's. Isn't the 10D a higher priced/quality camera than the 40D? I thought the lower the number, the better the model! LOL I threw them all out of my mind because I could not afford the base camera any more than the Rebel. I love it- but I do know the photo quality of the D's are much better!!
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  rohape Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:03 pm

The 10D was the first of the xxD series cameras. xxD series cameras are more prosumer cameras. It was made, I believe in 03. It's build was based off the 1D. The 40D is more advanced as far as the processor, fps (10D is 3.5 vs 40D at 6.5), noise reduction.
*Speaking of noise reduction* I have the book for the 40D (not the manual) and read how the 40D's noise reduction technology works. For longer exposures and higher ISO's it essentially takes 3 pictures. Compares the pictures to analyze inconsistencies to detect noise and then replaces inconsistencies with actual pixels from one of the other readings (pictures is you will).
The 40D is insane with what it can do. A lot of the functions are pretty much the same across the board in what DSLR's can do, it's just the process in which it applies these functions.
rohape
rohape
Amateur

Back to top Go down

Post  TIG Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:17 am

My SIL has a 40D, and she lets my 4 year old play with it. Gives me heart failure.

My DH was watching some camera auctions for Christmas for me, but they all went too high for us. I am still working with my baby Canon point-and-shoot.

Welcome, Marianne... we are glad to have you!
TIG
TIG
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  rohape Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:52 am

Does it look something like this? Very Happy
Can I join in? 3205852538_47b128792e_o
rohape
rohape
Amateur

Back to top Go down

Post  TIG Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:54 am

Yup, something like that. LOL, I won't even play with Susan's camera because I am sure I will break it. Watching Corbin play with SIL's makes me freak.
TIG
TIG
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  TIG Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:48 pm

LOL, so, Corbin just walked by and saw the photo and said "Who is that? She has Susan's Camera! Shocked " I told her no, that is her daddy's camera. And she says, "Well, I hope she is not going to break it." Gosh, think she hears that much? Embarassed Laughing
TIG
TIG
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  chloefin Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 pm

I shared this on Gymbofriends a few days back but here is my photochallenge blog:

I am just doing this for fun and to force me to pick it up every few days. Oh and to take pics of stuff other than my girls. Very Happy So let me know if you see something you love, hate, or think I could have done better.

Marianne

chloefin

Back to top Go down

Post  chloefinn Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:16 pm

http://www.simplysnapped.blogspot.com/

Trying again to post the link.....

chloefinn

Back to top Go down

Post  rohape Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:15 pm

I like the idea. Your pictures are wonderful. Composition and exposure is spot on.
Are you pushing yourself to use the non-program modes or are these all taken with the pre-sets?
Nice job! Very Happy
rohape
rohape
Amateur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum