Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help recovering lost pics

3 posters

Go down

Help recovering lost pics Empty Help recovering lost pics

Post  jen Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:51 am

I took some pictures this afternoon and somehow stupidly reformatted my disk. Is there anyway to get these pictures back? Are the programs that say they can restore them worth buying?

Thanks for any help!!
Jen

jen

Back to top Go down

Help recovering lost pics Empty Re: Help recovering lost pics

Post  mawson Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:16 am

I think if you reformatted the disk it may be a lost cause. Crying or Very sad I know there is recovery software that you can use on a CF you deleted. (but not sure about reformatting)
Good luck and keep us updated.
By the way.... I am so bad about reformatting! What is the benefits to reformatting vs. deleting? Just curious!
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  TIG Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:39 am

You CAN get some of them back, yes, with certain programs. I will ask DH what he used. When Corbin was about 9 months old, DH gave her a bit of a cupcake he was eating. I took about 70 pics, and there were some great shots. He came in and-- I THOUGHT-- uploaded them, and we viewed them. So when I took the card out, I did what he (my IT guy DH) has always told me to do-- I reformatted it. About an hour later, we took some other pics, and as he scrolled through, he said "But where are the cupcake pictures?" I was SO upset to learn that he hadn't bothered to upload them, he'd just viewed them. WTH, anyhow?!

So, he found some program and ran it and did recover a number of the pics. Some were a little funky and required editing, and we didn't get CLOSE to all of them, but considering we'd reformatted *and* took more pics on it, it's kind of amazing we recovered any.

Help recovering lost pics V0000026

Help recovering lost pics V0010069

OK, I talked to DH. He said he just googled free file recovery and used what he found. He also says if you have not taken any additional photos, the whole thing *should* be fully recoverable.
TIG
TIG
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  jen Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Thank you so much. I am going to try googling it right now. I tried one of the programs that charges and lets you download 1st to see if they are there. It found all of the pics - I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a free way to get them. I wasnt sure that the 10 or so pics were worth $69!!!!

By the way, those pictures are so cute!!! Glad you were able to get them back.

jen

Back to top Go down

Post  jen Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:32 pm

I got my pics back - for free!!!! thanks so much for the replies. I am soooo excited!

Jen

jen

Back to top Go down

Post  TIG Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:14 am

Oh YAY!! I am so glad you got them back!

And thank you-- Those were not the cutest ones, but I am happy to have them!!
TIG
TIG
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down