Captured Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph?

+11
QueLinda
Steph
twinsplusone
Mrs Appletree
tammylk
Sunehri
mawson
AlexNAva
Chayconmom
Callysta
Susan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Empty What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph?

Post  Susan Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm

As anyone who knows me can say, I LOVE to take pictures of my daughter - but lately she's been not liking it so much so I need to find different fun styles of photography with her.

What do you like to take pics of?
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph?

Post  Callysta Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:05 am

I am big on taking pictures of my kids (I am biased, but I think they are totally adorable) and of nature scenes Smile
Callysta
Callysta

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph?

Post  Chayconmom Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:33 am

Mine would be the kids of course. I go through spurts of taking tons of photos and sometimes I won't take one for a few weeks.
Chayconmom
Chayconmom

http://scrapbookkasey.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexNAva Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am

I like taking pictures of my kids, too, but they never come out right!
The only things I've ever been able to take semi-decent pictures of are
ancient ruins. confused I'm planning to go back to school to get my PhD in Archaeology, though, so maybe that explains it! Smile

AlexNAva

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 am

You and I need to talk girl- I majored in Anthropology/Sociology in College!!!!!!!!!!

AlexNAva wrote:I like taking pictures of my kids, too, but they never come out right!
The only things I've ever been able to take semi-decent pictures of are
ancient ruins. confused I'm planning to go back to school to get my PhD in Archaeology, though, so maybe that explains it! Smile
Susan
Susan
Forum Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  mawson Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:50 am

My fave subjects are my kids, of course. Especially my dd. I also LOVE detail pictures! Some of my favorites are pics of the details, her hands, a bucket of strawberries, a slice of watermelon in my dd's cute chubby hands, etc.
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunehri Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:09 am

Anything and everything haha. Anything I come across that inspires me Smile

Sunehri

Back to top Go down

Post  mawson Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:16 am

Sunehri wrote:Anything and everything haha. Anything I come across that inspires me Smile

You're a true photographer! Very Happy
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  tammylk Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:42 am

My kids are my fav subjects but at the moment they are hard to get to look at the camera. I am venturing into taking nature photography.

tammylk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am

I LOVE candids of my kids. I love to get great shots of my kids playing and enjoying themselves rather than making them pose. The shots look more natural and you don't get cheesy smiles LOL
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  mawson Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:26 am

tammylk wrote:My kids are my fav subjects but at the moment they are hard to get to look at the camera. I am venturing into taking nature photography.

LOL, I know what you mean! Something I've learned is (like a pp stated) take candids. Use your zoom lens and "stalk" your subject. After a bit they won't notice you. If you want eye contact make some type of noise and if you are lucky, they'll look at it. (however briefly) Shoot without eye contact too....just keep shooting. I am an overshooter so I say take at least 300 pics I bet you will get at least a few dozen "keepers". They may not be the posed pic you envisioned but could very well be better than that!
What I'll do is give some direction and let them go from there. "Does that flower smell good?" "peek a boo", etc. Also, I like to shoot the details when they are not too cooperative. (hands, feet, back of them, etc) It doesn't have to be a traditional portrait to be stunning. So have fun and just keep shooting.
An example of Uncooperative subject:

What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Uncoop

What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Unco
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:56 am

mawson wrote:
I am an overshooter so I say take at least 300 pics I bet you will get at least a few dozen "keepers". They may not be the posed pic you envisioned but could very well be better than that!
What I'll do is give some direction and let them go from there. "Does that flower smell good?" "peek a boo", etc. Also, I like to shoot the details when they are not too cooperative. (hands, feet, back of them, etc) It doesn't have to be a traditional portrait to be stunning. So have fun and just keep shooting.

that is how I am LOL If I take 100 pics I might have 5-10 that are decent LOL

and I sometimes give slight direction too... when we are at the beach I'll tell them to go play in the water, and I make a lot of noises for my little guy LOL he has been avoiding the camera these days...

when I try to pose my kids they usually end up crying and ruining the pic anyway so candid are the way to go for now LOL
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:07 am

mawson wrote:An example of Uncooperative subject:

What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Uncoop

great pic!!! LOL we are more alike than we know! LOL
here is my uncooperative subject LOL
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Toes
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  mawson Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 am

LOL, One can never go wrong with a good foot picture! (esp. if they are cute little kids feet!)
details are wonderful and don't require eye contact,LOL!
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Callysta Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 am

Awwww.... I love little chub-chub feet!!!!
Callysta
Callysta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am

mawson wrote:LOL, One can never go wrong with a good foot picture! (esp. if they are cute little kids feet!)
details are wonderful and don't require eye contact,LOL!

LMAO you do NOT want to see the foot pic I just took of my feet before I found the ped egg!!! but kids feet yes! A D O R A B L E!!!!
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  mawson Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Funny, i guess I should have typed "never go wrong with a kid's foot!" Mine don't look cute at all, ped egg or no ped egg!
mawson
mawson

Back to top Go down

Post  twinsplusone Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:18 pm

my kids of course. But with my new camera, I really want to get into nature pix. I see shots all the time, but never have a good enough knowledge of how to get the right shot.

twinsplusone

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 am

mawson wrote:Funny, i guess I should have typed "never go wrong with a kid's foot!" Mine don't look cute at all, ped egg or no ped egg!

so true!!!!
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  Steph Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:47 pm

My kids, but non posed pictures are my favorite. I also like taking pictures of the everyday things we take for granted whether it's something in nature or a building we frequent.
Steph
Steph

Back to top Go down

Post  QueLinda Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:12 am

My friends call me "the mamarazzi" because I take so many pictures of my daughter, lol. Really I take pictures of just about everything. I am a painter, and I paint a wide variety of subjects with often quite a bit of detail so I never know what I might need a reference photo for. That's also one reason I take a lot of the pictures of my daughter. I love getting action shots that I can use as a model some day in whatever painting it might fit into.

QueLinda

Back to top Go down

Post  tara30us Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:49 pm

I mostly take pics of my family, I find that any others end up the trash can and I don't end up keeping.

When my oldest dd (7) started giving me a hard time about pics, I bought her a *real* camera, according to her that meant one not pink or bought at a toy store, lol. Now we swap, I take 10 pics of her, then she takes 10 pics of me. She has to listen to my suggestions on positioning and I have to listen to hers. It works, plus now she is really into photography and is much more tolerant of MY camera.

tara30us

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Appletree Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:13 am

tara30us wrote:I mostly take pics of my family, I find that any others end up the trash can and I don't end up keeping.

When my oldest dd (7) started giving me a hard time about pics, I bought her a *real* camera, according to her that meant one not pink or bought at a toy store, lol. Now we swap, I take 10 pics of her, then she takes 10 pics of me. She has to listen to my suggestions on positioning and I have to listen to hers. It works, plus now she is really into photography and is much more tolerant of MY camera.
LMAO! Santa Clause got Lanie a real camera last year but it was pink LOL It was the Nikon Coolpix L10 (below) and she loves it!!! it takes pics and videos
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? P11213189
Mrs Appletree
Mrs Appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  tara30us Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:35 am

Mrs Appletree wrote:
LMAO! Santa Clause got Lanie a real camera last year but it was pink LOL It was the Nikon Coolpix L10 (below) and she loves it!!! it takes pics and videos
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? P11213189

lol, her first camera was a fp one
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? L8342_c_2

this is hers now
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? MALCAM-HPM425

tara30us

Back to top Go down

Post  marisasmomma Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:51 am

Of course I love taking pictures of my baby girl. Before she was born I took pics of the cats and before them (all 5 of them) I took pictures of my nieces and nephew. If I lived closer to CA I'd still be photographing the nieces and nephews.

I'd say in protraiture I'm a fan of the candid photos more than anything:
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Pooltime006
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Pooltime046
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? Pooltime025

But I do love my scenic shots too:
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? 100_6810
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? DSC07088
What's Your Favorite Subject to Photograph? DSC07057
marisasmomma
marisasmomma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next